Tuesday 4 October 2011

Task 2a

I have begun my reflective journal. Trying to get my point across on paper is proving very difficult and reflecting on what has happened in the day is even harder! I have bought a little notebook and am just scribbling down all my thoughts for now to read later and try to get into the habit of reflecting. I don't really enjoy being on my laptop all the time so I have decided to write a good old fashioned journal rather than a high tech one but everyone is different and what works for me may not work for others.
Tonight, I might try to start working on task 2b, I think it may help develop my thoughts, however, I may be running before I can walk here.
I still need some help with task 1c and I need to catch my brother when he isn't busy! Any advice on where to start would be much appreciated.

4 comments:

Alan/MDX said...

Hi Rebecca, I think we are all highly reflective, it seems to me to be central to human thinking proceses. And like other human attributes (like dancing) it can be honed and shaped through practice. If your body can develop capability through practice, so can your brain (its another muscle after all).

At this point it is simply fine to be trying and exploring ... there is no right or wrong, just greater or lesser engagment and exploration. Keep going.

Lisawhyte said...

I am doing exactly the same thing. I don't like being on the computer all the time. In our Industry we are always going somewhere so I find a notebook easier to access than my computer.
with 1c, i really struggled with the talking to camera aspect, but it doesn't specify you must talk for that length of time. I went with the creative route and tried using videos of my experiences instead. I think we should show our initial thoughts through a way that we can most easily express them.

Hope this helps

Lisa

Katharina Schell said...

Dear Rebecca,

I suppose that your teacher was a intelligent man ;-). Maybe this will also be my way. Just writing something only to think to much about it. Sometimes this becomes one of the best results. But I think it is more important to be relaxed. Than nothing can stop your thinking and doing...

With the video: Just start. It is possible to make a good video only with a laptop camera. Be creative. In my opinion you as a dancer has many opportunities to make a powerful video. Maybe you has pictures that you can use, or other materials (videos) that you can cut together...

Rebecca Clarke said...

Thank you for your comment Katharina. Try it! I took your 'relaxing advice' for task 2c and it definitely worked! My thoughts were a lot more clear. I made myself begin writing as I was so reluctant to start and I must do that with my video once I have got all the material together. I am going to take your advice on the pictures and video clips! Thanks x